The firmware specially prepared for the Nintendo Switch console was presented to users with its new version.
Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 Update Released In the news, we talked about the official update for the console. The special Switch firmware Atmosphere, which was prepared based on this firmware, was also presented to users to support the Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 update.
What is Atmosphere?
Atmosphere is a custom firmware that can be uploaded to the Nintendo Switch console using the fusee-gelee vulnerability. As popular as the official firmware, Atmosphere’s developers update frequently and make it compatible with new firmware versions.
In addition to being stable and compatible with almost all Switch versions, Atmosphere offers many additional features:
- It allows you to access many more games by allowing the use of emulators on your Switch device. (You can play games for PS1, PSP, Nintendo 64, SNES and many more consoles with PPSSPP, melonDS, RertoArch emulators.)
- It offers the possibility to run many homebrew games such as McOsu NX, NXQuake.
- With pPlay, you can watch videos and view the file system of your microSD card with NXShell.
- Using the sys-clk tool, you can overclock your Switch and fine-tune your console along with other modules.
- You can browse the internet and run games with mods using the BrowseNX application.
What Does the Atmosphere Update Offer?
With the Atmosphere 0.8.8 and 0.8.10 and 0.9.0 update, support for the latest Nintendo Switch firmware version 8.0.0 was brought. Apart from that, many changes have been made:
- If there is an error in the Atmosphere modules, a record will be kept on the SD card.
- A bug on the creport that caused crashes and freezes in games has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented maintenance mode from booting on firmware versions 7.0.0+.
- Support for changing regions or languages on a game basis has been added. For this, “atmosphere/titles/
/config.ini” file in this linkYou need to edit as specified.
- Press a button command detects all other controls, not just the P1 button.
- The bug that caused incorrect memory sharing on the 5.0.0 firmware has been fixed.
- The SD card can be used as the default boot option. (Since this support is still experimental, it may make more sense to use it after waiting for the bugs to be fixed in later versions.)
- Various arrangements have been made to improve the user experience.
To download the latest version of Atmosphere firmware this link you can use. You can share the problems you encounter on the project’s GitHub page and ensure that they are resolved. Also, keep in mind that hacking your Nintendo Switch console is prohibited by Nintendo, and be careful too, especially if you try to upload NSP files.