borderlands, RPG(role-playing game) mechanics shooter A game series that blends with (shooting) Although it contains mechanics such as leveling up by collecting experience points and getting stronger at each level, the RPG thing cannot go beyond that point in this series. The story proceeds in a straight line and we almost never get a chance to act.
Instead, we are constantly asked to kill enemies, drop more powerful weapons from them, get stronger by leveling up, and ultimately kill even stronger enemies. There is a constant cycle of character development and optimizing gameplay to kill enemies even faster. In this type of game, players are among themselves. looter shooter says. Since it does not have an accepted equivalent in Turkish, I will translate it as an award-oriented shooting game.
In this article, we have recently encountered Borderlands news and the new game of the series. borderlands 3 I tried to gather what we know about him. Before I go into too much detail, I need to specify, I tried to give information by referencing the images in the trailers in the Story section at the very end. If you don’t want it to be a surprise, you can skip that part.
Game Announcement Process
Borderlands fans have been waiting for a new game to the main series for a long time. Unfortunately, the technological leap between Borderlands (2009) and Borderlands 2 (2012) did not happen between the second game and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (2014). The second game was like a makeover and a new game was released. In other words, The Pre-Sequel felt like a stand-alone DLC (downloadable content) for Borderlands 2.
Besides, The Pre-Sequel mainly 2K Australia was developed by So not by the studio behind the first two games. Also, considering that Borderlands 2 is still the last game to be released according to the chronological order of the main series in its own universe, we haven’t seen a completely new Borderlands game since 2012. Fans of the series were left in limbo, as the game’s developer studio Gearbox Software did not deny that it was developing a new Borderlands game during this process, and still avoided giving information about the new game. Was there a new game? Or was it not?
The first images we presumed were from Borderlands 3 were finally released in 2017. Game Developers Conferenceduring the event, CEO of Gearbox Randy Pitchford It reached us via a technology demo by The development of a new game was also confirmed for the first time on an official platform. (Pay attention to the character whose face is not visible during the demo, I will talk about him again later in the article.)
With this demo you can download the new game Unreal Engine 4We saw that it was developed with the game engine and what kind of advances were made in rendering techniques compared to the previous game.
After the demo, a new Borderlands game announcement was expected at all game events that took place in 2018. Unfortunately we couldn’t find what we were looking for. In fact, Randy Pitchford even sarcastically confirmed on social media that there would be no announcements at E3 that year.
Gearbox finally released a trailer in March 2019 and said see you during PAX East.
We didn’t actually see much in the trailer. There was just a three-dimensional mask collaged from models we guessed belonged to a new Borderlands game. Even the name of the game was unknown. It seems that it was only intended to create anticipation in the players. Like many fans of the series, I started to follow the path of PAX East.
The PAX presentation has arrived. Many things were mentioned during the presentation, but the news that interested us was only a small part of them. Prior to Borderlands: Game of the Year Editionannounced.
With this version, the first game has been cosmetically renewed, the co-op infrastructure has been modernized, and the SHiFT The mechanic of opening reward chests with keys has been added, and most importantly, the ability to automatically add bullets on the ground to the inventory has been added. If we had the first game on PC, this version was added to our account for free.
Later for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultra HD Remakes packages have arrived. This content was also free for game owners.
Finally, the expected moment has come and the announcement trailer of the new game has been released.
conspicuous out of storydetail:
- There are also female bandits now.
- On the planet Pandora, we saw structures with an architecture that we have not seen before. Could they be other planets?
- It’s the first time we’ve seen the four main playable characters. You know, there was a faceless character in the tech demo, here he was one of the playable characters.
- Developed by Telltale as an adventure game Tales From The BorderlandsThe characters we encounter in the game will appear in this game.
- walking gunsis it?
At the end of this trailer For more April 3thwait for it said. At that time, a new trailer appeared again.
It was like the version of the first trailer with written information in it. Although we didn’t see anything new, we got some information that wasn’t clear in the previous trailer.
- Names of playable characters revealed: amara, Moze, zane, FL4K.
- The leaders of the enemy group were announced: Calypso Twins, Troy and Tyreen.
- It has been confirmed that we will travel to new planets.
- Date given for the game: September 13, 2019.
- Game on PC 6 monthsalong Epic Games StoreIt will be exclusive to .
The event I mentioned in the last article was not well received, as you can imagine. We still haven’t seen anything in terms of gameplay yet, and we had to go to the Epic Games Store for 6 months. With a bitter taste in our mouths, we waited a little longer and waited for the gameplay demonstration event on May 1.
Many questions were answered at this event. We got pretty detailed data on two of the playable characters: Amara and Zane. Finally, we received gameplay videos of another playable character, Moze, during E3.
We even had a bonus. A free DLC for Borderlands 2 has been announced, Commander Lilith & The Fight For Sanctuary . This DLC, which is about some events that took place between the second and third games, is also added to the game, which is even rarer and more powerful than legendary weapons. effervescent added the guns. Weapons of this quality were actually found in the files of the game years ago, but it was understood that they were not added to the game. Better late than never.
Let’s gather what we know about Borderlands 3 in the next chapter.
Instead of Nvidia as hardware partner unlike the previous game AMD worked with. The game Unreal Engine 4 It’s made with a game engine. Game on PC 6 monthsalong Epic Games StoreIt will be exclusive to .
Minimum System Requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2140 / AMD FX-6350
- Memory: 8GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit | Windows 8 64-bit | Windows 10 64-bit
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon HD 7970
Recommended System Requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 / AMD Ryzen 7 1700
- Memory: 12GB
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 570
- If they are not too high climbing wallspossible.
- to the series sliding mechanics added. It is possible to shoot while sliding.
- Remember those barrels in previous games that exploded when we fired, dealing elemental damage? We can now throw them at enemies by punching them.
- The places we take cover fall apart when they are damaged.
- NPCs (non-playable characters) can heal us if we are on our deathbed during combat.
- The main story missions are promised 30 hours of gameplay.
- There will be many new enemy groups in the new game. For example, we will witness the conflicts of arms manufacturers among themselves.
- There are also female bandits now.
- outside of Pandora new planetswe will be able to discover.
- Our home base is no longer Sanctuary. Instead of Sanctuary 3.0 A spaceship named will host us. (You can play the new DLC for Borderlands 2 to find out why.)
- The Tales From The Borderlands universe has officially become a part of the universe in which the main games take place. If you don’t want to be left behind in the story, I recommend you to play it as well.
- Zane Flynt (Operative / Secret Agent): He was the brother of the bandits named Baron Flynt and Captain Flynt that we encountered in the previous games. Rumor has it that Zane met Zer0 at an assassin school where they were trained.
Digi-Clone:He can create his own clone and replace it whenever he wants.
Barrier:It can create a protective shield in front of it.
SNTNL: This ability summons a drone of the same name; flying through the air and attacking enemy targets.
- Amara (Siren): This character has damage-focused melee abilities. She is one of the six sirens in the Borderlands universe.
Phaseslam:After leaping a short distance into the air, he quickly slams his massive astral fist to the ground, dealing damage to surrounding enemies.
Phasecast:It sends its own astral reflection forward, damaging targets it hits.
Phasegrasp:He finishes off huge astral punches from the ground and pins enemies in contact with them.
- FL4K (Beastmaster / Pet Tamer): We don’t have much information about him. We only know his image from the short sections in the trailers and the animals he used during the conflict. As it should be obvious from the trailers, he is a robot. He enters into conflict with the help of the creatures he has trained. Like every character, FL4K has three skill trees. These trees also probably empower three different creatures. Called into action by FL4K in trailers Spiderant, Skag and another creature whose name we don’t know yet we saw that. Unfortunately, detailed information on the abilities of this character has not yet been published.
- Moze (Gunner / Artillery): He served in the Vladof army at the time, but later decided to become a Vault Hunter. He is proficient in heavy weapons. He summons a robot and uses it as a giant armor, just like pilots in Titanfall games do. Moze’s active abilities affect the weapon configuration of the robot he is using. rail ball, grenade launcherand rocket launcherWe can choose between weapons.
- Playable characters do not have one, as before, but three usable abilities. It is even possible to use more than one skill at the same time.
- Each of the skill trees will contain buffs focused on one of the three abilities.
- Weapons can now have multiple firing modes. For example, it is possible to switch from semi-automatic to fully automatic. Again, thanks to the mod changes, a single weapon can have damage of more than one element type. The effects of mods on weapons also differ according to the manufacturer.
- TedioreMaybe you remember from previous games that when the branded guns run out of bullets, instead of installing new magazines, we throw them like grenades and damage the enemy. walking guns is actually the work of the Tediore brand. When we throw them to the ground, they rise and run towards the enemy and shoot.
- Atlas brand guns have been added to the series. They have bullets that lock onto enemies and follow their targets.
- Children of the Vault (CoV) brand weapons were added to the series and replaced the Bandit and SCAV brand weapons we saw in previous games. They have unlimited ammo, but if used too much they get hot and can’t fire for a while.
Elements That Increase Gameplay Quality:
- When we open the chests, we no longer need to collect the bullets one by one by hand. They are automatically added to our inventory.
- When shopping from the ammo vending machine, it is not necessary to give a buy command for ammo types separately. It is now possible for us to get everything missing in one go.
- Co-Op A new game mode has been added that calculates each player separately and the levels of falling prizes separately for each player. Those who want old games classic modeYou can also choose to play with.
- Power of players of different levels will be balanced during Co-Op. This feature is optional, just like the personalized reward system.
- Cross-platform online gameplay is yet to be confirmed.
- Our main enemies, the Calypso Twins, run a cult called the Children of the Vault. Messiah and social media celebrity have a mixed persona.
- Tyreen Calypso can steal the abilities of her enemies. We can see in the trailers that Lilith stole her siren powers at the beginning of the game. According to Randy Pitchford’s statement, she plans to seize the powers of the monsters guarding the vaults with the help of the cult she leads.
- In the trailers, we see Maya with a girl with blue hair just like her. We don’t know yet if it’s a siren too, but it probably is.
- Tiny Tina has grown up and reached puberty.
- Rhys, one of the playable characters in Tales From The Borderlands, took over the Atlas company and grew a mustache.
- Twitch If your Twitch account is currently connected to Gearbox’s SHiFT system while broadcasting Borderlands 3 on Borderlands, your viewers will be able to view your character’s skill tree and inventory via the Twitch app. It is even possible to win in-game prizes through this system.
- I have a humble guess. one of the main characters in Tales From The Borderlands Fiona , will be added to the game as a playable character with a DLC in the future. Don’t say he didn’t.
It seems like Borderlands 3 is waiting for us with a full content pool even without DLCs. Of course, it is not possible for me to make a clear comment without playing the game. Generally speaking, Gearbox has not yet done anything that will make the player communities unhappy, except for the move to release a game exclusive to the Epic Games Store. It modernized old games and made the first game more accessible to new players. In the events it organized, it tried to saturate the consumers with the contents of the new game.
As fans of the series, there is nothing we can do but hope that our expectations will not be disappointed from now on. I hope the players win.