What kind of camera hardware your smartphone has is very important to take a good photo. However, how good your camera software is is just as important as hardware quality. In this article, we will talk about a camera application developed for Android phones that will take your mobile photography skills to a much higher level.
In the Android ecosystem, each manufacturer develops its own camera application. It would not be too ambitious to say that the best working camera software when it comes to Android is the Google Camera application. The problem is; Google has limited its camera app to Pixel smartphones only.
If you are looking for a new and capable camera application, we can recommend the Open Camera application. With its fast shutter, ISO setting, saving files in RAW format, filters you can use for social media sharing and much more, Open Camera allows you to take quality photos at the level your device allows.
In the photos above, you can see the different results of the Samsung Camera application and the Open Camera application on the Galaxy S7 Edge. On the left is the Samsung Camera, on the right is the photo taken by the Open Camera application. Some of the advanced features of Open Camera are as follows;
- Ad-free, completely free and open source.
- It works with almost all phones.
- It stabilizes photos perfectly with automatic stabilization option.
- It supports different styles of photography with focus modes, scene modes and more.
- It has support for taking pictures with voice command.
- The shutter sound can be turned off.
- You can easily zoom images with multi-touch support.
- Thanks to the professional mode, you can manually adjust all settings from focus distance to white balance.
Open Camera, which has more than 10 million downloads, received votes from 139 thousand users and reached an average score of 4.3 out of 5. If you are looking for a new camera application where you can increase your photography skills, you can download Open Camera by clicking here .