GoPro was once the most recognizable brand in the action camera market. GoPro is still a well-known brand in this market, but while the company is experiencing minor blood losses, other new entrants are trying to get their share. One of these companies is DJI from drone companies. Allegedly, the DJI OSMO action camera will be unveiled in a few days.
There are so many action cameras on the market right now, some of them offer interesting features, while most of them try to get into the minds of customers over the price. At the moment, the label price of DJI OSMO is unknown, but some of its features show that it can be ambitious about the price. Some of the features revealed by Photo Rumors:
- Image stabilization system
- Dual LCD screen
- 1/2.3 inch 12 MP CMOS image sensor – Sony IMX377
- Ambarella H2 image processor
- Field of view: 145 degrees, f/2.8
- Screen: 1/8,000 – 120
- Video specifications: 4K 60p 8x slow motion, 1080p video
- HDR and auto time-lapse photography
- Scene mode: single, AEB continuous shooting, countdown shooting, multiple continuous shooting, time-lapse shooting
Having dual LCD screens on the device makes DJI OSMO a first in its field. Although action cameras are not designed for selfies, they are used quite often for vlogging and live streaming. Thus, the second screen can be used for frame and landscape control.
According to the claims, DJI OSMO Action will also have a waterproof feature. Ironically, this feature is not found in many action cameras. The part of this action camera that can be discussed is the camera features that are almost equal to budget cameras.