Facebook notifications can be useful so you don’t miss out on many important things about groups, friends or the pages you follow. But getting notifications from so many different places can be overwhelming at times, even if you’re not interested in some of them. Facebook allows you to choose which notifications you receive and how often. While customizing notifications on desktop or mobile may seem like a long process, it’s relatively easy and you can customize your notifications with a few clicks.
How to Turn Off Desktop Facebook Notifications?
- Go to facebook.com from any browser and sign in.
- Then click the down arrow at the top right of the screen.
- Click “Settings” at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Select “Notifications” on the left side of the Settings screen. On the Notifications page, you will see options for email, site and mobile, text message.
- When you click on the “Edit” text on the right side of these options, you can customize your notifications for the Facebook site or mobile application. You can enable or disable the notifications you want. Thus, you can receive notifications about the updates you are most interested in.
How to Turn Off Facebook Notifications from Mobile App?
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap the three-line icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Then scroll down the drop-down menu until you find the “Settings & privacy” option.
- Tapping on settings and privacy will open a new menu. Tap “Settings” from that menu.
- Scroll down the page that opens again and tap on the “Notification Settings” option, which is the first option under the “Notifications” heading.
- This section contains many options where you can customize your notification settings. (comments, reminders, groups, birthdays…) You can tap on each of them to customize them.
- In addition, by tapping the “E-mail” and “SMS” options on the same page, you can choose which notifications you want to receive and how often.
We have come to the end of our article, where we try to explain how to turn off the notifications you receive from Facebook. Follow us so you don’t miss this and other guides.